Cocoa Bean To Chocolate Afternoon Tea
Cocoa Bean To Chocolate Afternoon Tea
Purpose: The purpose of this TasteProjects @TheChocoLab session is to experience Wild Sweets® By Dominique & Cindy Duby novel version of the typical Afternoon Tea, but with a uniquely distinct modern take on the products, format and service. The first major point of distinction is that all items be they sweet, savoury and/or beverage include a cocoa bean to chocolate element in various forms derived from the whole cocoa bean including husk, nib, butter, powder and/or complete chocolate all made and/or processed in our own chocolate-making lab. Secondly, the tea served with the set menu courses is not the traditional tea, but instead is a ‘Chocolate Tea’ infusion made entirely from whole cocoa beans and aromatized with fresh elements (I.e. citrus zest).
Activities: Unlike the typical afternoon tea, Wild Sweets® version is not served as one service on a tiered tower, but instead each attendee is served a multi-course set menu of about 13 chocolate-based items served individually throughout the session. All ‘Chocolate Afternoon Tea’ sessions are intended to be ‘Edutaining’ in nature whereby all courses are presented live by world acclaimed chefs Dominique & Cindy Duby who describe each course uniqueness and/or inspiration be it through ingredient and/or preparation techniques. As well as “Interactive’ as each attendee ‘constructs’ most of the dishes by adding various elements to each dish for the greatest texture experience be they crunches, sauces, oils, mists, etc. The Wild Sweets® Chocolate Afternoon Tea sessions last approximately 75 to 90-minutes* and here is a session menu sample**
- Cucumber: Cocoa nibs bread | Goat cheese gelée | Pickled cucumber | Puffed peas crunch | Mint oil
- Biscuit: Tuscany ham, Jarlsberg cheese, cocoa nibs & Kalamata dried figs | Mustard oil | Crème fraîche
- ‘Coco-Air’: Dark chocolate & hazelnut praliné 'Air' | Foamed Chantilly cream | Puffed rice crunch
- Egg Salad: Cocoa nibs bread | Sous Vide egg shavings | Pickled red onions | Salsa Verde | Chives oil
- Tomato: Cocoa nibs bread | Grape tomato confit | Pesto pulled Mozzarella | Crispy back bacon
- Interlude: Citrus chocolate consommé | Lemon Vodka | Semi-candied Kalamata olives | Olive Madeleine
- Scone: Chocolate & dried cherry scone | Red fruit confit | Crème fraîche Chantilly | Kirsch mist | Lemon zest oil
- Tarte: Almond streusel cookie | Créme brûlèe | Baked apple shavings | French Brandy mist | Apple chips crunch
- Cheese & Fruit: Biscuit sablé | Pear panna cotta | Pear vanilla bean confit | Crunchy cheese chip
- Merveilleux: Crispy meringue | Dark chocolate thin | White chocolate Chantilly | Caramel bananas | Almond banana crunch
- Cream Puff: Textured pâte à choux | Crispy praliné | Orange caramel compote | Milk chocolate Chantilly | Orange zest oil
- Hot Truffle: ‘Truffe du jour’ in vintage origin dark hot chocolate | Brown butter hazelnut 'Financier' cake.
- Chocolates: Seasonal 'Whipped Cream' & fruit caramel chocolates.
All Chocolate Afternoon Tea session are with advanced online booking only. Sessions start at 12:00 PM (please arrive 5-10 minutes early to be seated) on Sunday afternoons and are held in our “Chocolate-Making & Tasting Lab" in Richmond, BC. Ample free visitor parking at the location. Regretfully, we can not accommodate special dietary requests. Private sessions are also available with minimum seating, please inquire for more details.
Terms & Conditions: Sessions dates maybe cancelled due to minimum attendance not being met. Full refunds will be provided with notice of cancellation / maximum 72-hours from scheduled session date. All bookings are final and no refunds are provided unless with minimum 72-hours notice. If you are unable to attend a session and provide a minimum of 48-hours notice from scheduled session date, booking fees maybe used/transferred for another session date. Other conditions may apply, please contact us if you have any questions or concerns prior to registering.
* Session length may vary depending on the menu. **Menu items may change depending on product availability and/or are not be listed in order of service.
NB - product pictured are constructed and photographed by Wild Sweets Creative Team and maybe styled for visual purposes thus may not look the same as each attendee own individual construction / presentation during the session.
- 68% venezuela
- bean to bar
- caramel toffee
- chocolate and caramel spread
- chocolate art
- chocolate bar
- chocolate bars
- chocolate hazelnut
- coconut milk
- creme brulee
- crunch bark
- dark chocolate
- dried fruit
- fruit jams
- gift box
- gift set
- high tea
Other products you may like...