As Canada's most acclaimed sweet chefs, ranked Top 10 Pastry Chefs in the World, we participated and/or represented Canada in many international competitions as well as high profile Food & Wine events the world over along side Michelin 3-stars chefs and world culinary icons. See The Team section of our website for a synopsis of some of our major achievements & critical acclaims.
The 'World Cakes Series' features cakes that were crafted for our participation in World events such as the World Pastry Cup, Masters of Food & Wine, etc. These cakes have a complex aroma design and flavour/texture architecture and are only offered on a ‘Limited Production’ basis. This cake was designed for our program as the National Pastry Team when we represented Canada at the 2003 World Pastry Cup in Lyon, France and includes all components of the original version. However, some of the techniques have been modernized and the chocolate used in the recipe is now our own cocoa bean to bar chocolate. Specifically, this cake includes the following components;
- Chocolate Sablé cookie crust
- Almond chocolate 'Viennois' biscuit infused with a Kirsch brandy and cherry fruit punch
- Cherry fruit Crème Brûlée cream
- Almond Kirsch brandy mousse and crispy crêpes almond butter crunch
- Tanzania Kokoa Kamili cocoa bean to bar chocolate sabayon mousse
- Elegantly finished with a cocoa velour spray & gelée, hand-painted chocolate flower and French macaron décor. Branding tag is not edible.
Servings: 1450g / 10-12 servings depending on portion size [Suggested serving = 145g / person]
Serving/Storage: This cake must be stored in the fridge at all times and consumed within 48 hours of purchase. Remove from the fridge at least 30-minutes before serving to allow cake to reach the perfect serving condition (temperature, texture and aroma).
NB: Please note that cake design is subject to change without notice.